One of the most talked about ways to delete photos is to long press the photo in the chat thread and delete it. But this will only delete the content from your side. The other party will keep seeing it and you will also see them in the View Shared Photos section.
Let’s discuss the ways to delete shared contents and photos in Messenger:-
- What is the good post for Facebook?
- Where was Facebook hosted before creating its own datacenter?
- How many Facebook accounts are deleted on daily basis?
- How should I make six months budget plan for Facebook and AdWords ads?
- What makes you stay away from Facebook?
The easiest way is to totally uninstall the app. Delete the app and wait for a few minutes. Install the Messenger app again and you will see that there will be no photos to see when you tap on View Shared Photos option.
- Open Settings of your Phone and go to Storage.
- Now head over to Images and there will be a section for Messenger Photos.
- Here you will see Shared photos option. Delete all these photos .
You can also contact Facebook support team for more help.
If you are using an Android phone, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Setting and go to Find Accounts.
- Now click on Messenger and then use the top right button click it and remove account.
- Go to Settings and Apps Manager.
- Delete Cache and Data for Facebook Messenger App.
- Install the Messenger app again. Here you found no data relates to shared photo & content.
These are the ways to delete shared content & photos in Messenger. I hope, it will be helpful for you.