I have a couple of reasons, on my side I’ve had a fair share of social media. To begin with, social media is a waste of time. Especially if youre not a marketer or don’t own a business. Secondly, it’s full of fake, negative, attention seeking people (at most). Thirdly, it leads to depression without you knowing, however, this only applies to people who have low self esteem or low self worth and they constantly compare their insecurities with other people’s highlight reels – for this reason I wouldn’t want to fall in that category.
Lastly, social media is compromised of apps just apps. Apps that are sadly addictive and hence I feel as though there is no life I’d be living if I was constantly looking for captions, peeking on people’s stories to know what they are up to, filtering my life just to show how “happy” I am or waiting for likes and cmoments to pop. No! I’d rather spend time with family, close friends, travel, volunteer in things that matter and make the world a better place.
To sum it up social media isn’t for me. Unless I start a business that requires recognition. Otherwise let me live my life.
- How to stop wasting my time on social media
- Which one is better: WhatsApp or Facebook?
- I need a free or affordable platform to find Facebook and Instagram influencers (not Twitter). Also, can I filter influencers by city?
- Has Facebook become useless?
- Do you have Facebook? If not, what are your reasons for not having an account?