This was too good not to answer in a blog post. 5 Ways to Kill Your Competition with Content (http://www.marketingtechblog.com…)
Of course you can compete! Great content will always rise to the top, regardless of how crowded the space is. Different techniques you can apply are:
- Be fast – If you’re the first site or blog to repeatedly capture a topic, you’ll get noticed more.
- Be on top – Understanding search and its impact on your content will help you garner search engine traffic.
- Be social – Utilize social media to amplify your blog and integrate social media into your blog so others can amplify it for you. Sharing buttons, retweet buttons and announcements on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn are a must.
- Be remarkable – When there’s something to talk about on your blog, people will talk and more people will come.
- Be consistent – Writing content and growing readership requires momentum and regularity. Don’t think one great post is going to do it for you… every post adds value incrementally.