Let me tell you a true story..
One of my ex-colleagues got married before an year. She had quit immediately from job after marriage and hence we lost touch.
Since we both are friends in FB, it was much easier to know what was happening in her Life.
In the last one year my FB newsfeed is often filled with her FB picture uploads.
- My FB posts gets good response in first 20-30 mins & after that its like nobody seeing it, not used to happen in the past, what could be the problem?
- What are some crazy facts about Facebook?
- Why did Palmer Luckey leave Facebook?
- What do IITians have to say about these lines floating on Facebook these days?
- Do you know how to invite all friends on a Facebook page with one click in 2017?
I honestly believed that she is enjoying her life to the fullest by going to parties, movies, finest restaurants, tourist attractions, etc. etc., when I am miserably toiling at my job till late night.
Last month I accidentally met her in a railway station. She spoke for almost an hour nonstop with lot of complaints about her husband and in-laws. Well, the gist is that her husband is unable to manage the family expenses with his salary alone. Financial struggles slowly turned out into personal struggles. They both fell apart and now she had filed for divorce. I felt really sorry for her and felt bad that I was not able to be with her during her times of need.
FB makes us to live in an information bubble. Amidst that bubble, we tend to believe that we are the only ones who lag behind when compared with our peers. We presume that only our lives suck and all others enjoy their lives.Just remember that Life has its own ups and downs.
Don’t just send Birthday Wishes on FB to your Friends. Just call them and speak. May be they can share their happiness with you or you can offer them a shoulder to cry upon in times of need.Your life will be as delightful everyday, as you portray it on FB.